Kobe House Accomodation
Private house located on the south-east coast of the island of Zanzibar.
Holiday in freedom in informal and friendly surroundings. Ideal for long stays.
To reach us from Stone Town (Zanzibar capital) you can use taxi, we are on the south-east coast of the island, 40 Km from the Airport.
40 minutes drive.
We can organize the transfer.
You can reach us, with local transport Dala Dala, using the number 309 for Jambiani. Travel time: few hours (the time depends on the stops).
Transfer very cheap but very spartan.
The Zanzibar Islands are arguably a year round destination. However, undoubtedly the best time to travel is during the dry months from December to February and June to October. While the weather is dryer one also has to content with the occasional monsoon. The rule of thumb when planning a trip to Zanzibar is to stay on the southwest coast during the Northeast Monsoons (November to March) and on the northeast coast during the Southwest Monsoons (June to October).
· Zanzibar is part of the United Republic of Tanzania.
· There is no need to obtain a seperate visa if you are visiting the Tanzanian mainland and its islands (Zanzibar & Pemba)
· Valid passports are required for entry into Zanzibar.
· Ensure that your passport is valid for at least six (6) months after your departure from Zanzibar.
· European passport holders do require visas.
· South African passport holders do require visas.
· Before undertaking any travel all clients are encouraged to consult with their GP and/or local travel clinic for the most up-to-date health information on the destinations they are travelling to.
· Visitors to Tanzania & Zanzibar are required to have a Yellow Fever inoculation and present the certificate when entering the country. Alternatively a certificate of exemption from a travel clinic must be presented.
· Visitors to Zanzibar are encouraged to take Malaria prophylactics. We suggest clients consult with their nearest travel clinic for detailed information and advice on precautions.
· Tanzanian Shillings may be used to purchase meals and drinks and to pay for curios, taxi rides etc. However, visitors are requested to pay for hotel accommodation and services in foreign currency, preferably US$ (in smaller denominations).
· Credit cards are not accepted in most places in Zanzibar.
· Pay the exact amount. Any change will be paid in Tanzanian shilling and we’re sure you not going to have much use for that when you get home!
· When travelling internationally, it is important to ensure that a Travel Insurance Policy appropriately covers you against any unforeseen eventualities.
· Your insurance broker or provider will offer the necessary advice on specific travel insurance policies.
· Travellers from South Africa can go to the Islands
· Only Travel Shop for more details of tailor made travel policies.
· Only the South African or foreign departure taxes are included on the airline tickets.
· Tanzanian departure taxes are not included in your ticket. The following amounts should be paid in USD to tax officials at the airports on departure:
1. USD 6.00 per person per domestic departure (e.g. Zanzibar to Dar es Salaam)
2. USD 30.00 per person per international departure (e.g. Dar es Salaam to Johannesburg)